Successfully germinate marijuana seeds
There are two well-known ways of germinating marijuana seeds. One is to put the seeds in a glass of distilled water for 24 to 48 hours. The other is to put them between two plates with moist tissue. While this germination strategy works great, we recommend that you germinate your marijuana seeds between two plates of damp tissue/paper. We have concluded that the germination rate is higher since we constantly test the germination rate of the marijuana seeds we sell. We are talking about thousands of seeds tested on germination.
The following rules you need to keep in mind before you start germination marijuana seeds.
- Don’t touch the seeds with your bare hands. Use gloves or soft forceps.
- Use only water that is bottled or distilled. Tap water or water from a well will drastically decrease the germination rate.
- Don’t use air-tight humidity domes for germination. They prevent vital air circulation and will cause mold, wasting your seedlings.
- Germinate your seeds at a temperature of 25 degrees Celsius (78 degrees Fahrenheit) and avoid temperature fluctuations.
Germinate marijuana seeds between two plates and a damp tissue.
- Two of the same plates.
- Tissues, paper, or other water-bearing material (ph-neutral).
- Clean distilled ph neutral water at room temperature.
- Disinfected gloves (those white ones that doctors wear).
- Place some moistened tissues on the first plate. Make sure the tissues aren’t too wet, so drain any excess water from the plate. As stated previously, the water needs to be at room temperature.
- Now put your marijuana seeds on top of the moist tissue, giving each seed as much space as possible.
- Put some more moist tissues on top of the seeds so they’re entirely covered.
- Now put the second plate upside down on top of the first plate.
- Put the plate with seeds in a warm, dark environment where no temperature fluctuation will occur.
It often takes as much as 72 hours for the primary marijuana seeds to open and present root. In some extreme instances, seeds may take as much as ten days earlier than they present root.
When the root size that emerged from the seeds is about 2.5 cm / 1 inch, you’ll be able to switch them into your growing medium of alternative (soil, Rockwool, or coco fiber, for instance). Watch out right here, don’t contact the seeds along with your bare hands, and preserve them out of direct sunlight.
Create a gap within the medium for every seed. Insert the seeds with the root downwards, so they’re 0.5 cm / 0.2 inch beneath the floor, simply sufficient to dam mild. Cowl the seed with 0.2″ of soil and agency lightly. The seedlings often emerge from the growth medium in 24 to 72 hours after you’ve planted the germinated seeds. Once they do, it’s time to put them below (sun) mild and begin rising.
In case you are planning to grow outdoors, you must place the germinated marijuana seeds on the windowsill for two weeks to allow them to get used to the sunlight and temperature fluctuations.
Growing marijuana we describe on our How to grow marijuana page.